Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Our Third Amiga...

(I love this picture of Deborah and her husband Bill! Such a fun couple!)

Deborah Royal was born and raised in Edmonds, WA. She was an only child and grew up around lots of cousins and relatives. She lived with her mom and grandmother. She graduated from Edmonds High School and went on to Western Washington University (and has been here in Bellingham ever since!). Deborah has a Bachelors in Education with Early Childhood Education and Special Education Endorsements.

In 1977, Deborah joined the church through some sister missionaries who tracked her out. About the same time, she moved into the very house that she lives in right now! She met the love of her life, Bill in 1997 and between them, they have eight children and eleven grandchildren. She loves book club, reading, writing (she is published!), music, dancing, walks, and sewing and crafts.  She is a lover of root beer floats, ice cream and fruit. Some of her most favorite places have been Austria, Hawaii, and Boulevard Park--right here in Bellingham.

A fun story about Deborah--she claims she is a member of the church because of Daylight Savings Time. When her grandma died, she was searching for a church, and she decided to go to the Methodist Church, except when she got there, no one was there (she had forgotten to set her clock back). So her friend told her to come to church with her instead. Her favorite calling in the church is what she is doing right now--Stake Relief Society President! What I love about Deborah is her compassion and love towards others.  She loves and serves as Christ would. I asked her to give a short testimony:

"I joined the Church because I felt the Spirit testifying of the truth, Since then, I have felt the loving arms of the Savior wrapped around me on more than one occasion--both sad and joyful. I bear testimony that my Savior and my Father in Heaven love me, and each person on earth, individually. They are waiting to bless us--with guidance, love, and security."

Now, aren't we blessed to have these three amigas amongst us? I know I am!

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading about your Three Amigas (very creative). We are so blessed to mutually share them in our Ward and call them Friends!

    ReplyDelete