Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ways to Love Watermelon

Greetings sisters, Mimi here! This blog has not been kept up, and I apologize! Summertime sure gets in the way around these parts! Speaking of summer, I hope you are enjoying this lovely weather we are having and taking full advantage of the sunny, dry days! You know we will all be water-logged soon enough!

One of my most favorite aspects of summertime is WATERMELON! YUM YUM! My most favorite way to eat it is just plain. It is so mouthwatering and delicious. My mom puts salt on hers, and that is fantastic as well. 

However, if you are getting tired of having the same plain watermelon at every barbecue or dinner, and want to "WOW" your crowd, here are two recipes I have tried this summer, that I just fell in love with:

First is simple, watermelon with lime and salt. Just squeeze the lime straight onto the watermelon and then sprinkle some salt. It's delectable and a wonderful after dinner delight.

The second recipe is a watermelon salad, I know it sounds so weird, but trust me, it is scrumptious and satisfying:


  • 3/4 - 1 cup of cold watermelon, cubed
  • 1/4 cup of feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
  • 1/4 medium red onion, cut in paper-thin slices
  • 1/4 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinaigrette
  • (I would add some cilantro or basil, I also wouldn't cube it, just serve it in wedges)
ENJOY!! 
PS, how many of us are reading this blog. If you are the first to leave a comment, I will bring you your personal watermelon salad to sample!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh! Am I the first one?! Loving this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang. I guess I don't get the watermelon salad. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete